There are various kinds of personal injury claims, including premises liability, products liability, motor vehicle accidents, and wrongful death actions.
These cases can involve substantial damages arising from past and future medical expenses, loss of employment or earning capacity, pain and suffering, and loss of life, and frequently require legal action. Conversely, a business or individual can face a lawsuit, sometimes unmeritorious or frivolous, pursued by someone claiming you are the party responsible for their injury. Regardless of the position you are in, you will need an experienced personal injury trial attorney, which Feldman & Feldman can provide.
Types of Personal Injury Cases
The Houston personal injury lawyers at Feldman & Feldman have successfully maximized compensation for families after serious accidents and after the death of a loved one. Our lawyers routinely handle numerous types of personal injury cases, including:
- Car Accidents– With millions of drivers on the roads, accidents are going to happen. However, driving responsibly can prevent most motor vehicle accidents. Reckless drivers who cause accidents can find themselves at the heart of a personal injury lawsuit after those they injured are left suffering.
- Commercial Vehicle Accidents – Employees use company vehicles to carry out their jobs; and, just like any other car on the road, they can be involved in collisions that cause injuries and even fatalities.
- Daycare Injury – A common cause of daycare facility injuries is inadequate supervision. If a child is injured as the result of daycare abuse or neglect, parents have the option to file a personal injury case.
- Maritime Accidents – Working offshore around the presence of heavy machinery and combustible materials means that if something goes wrong, the resulting injuries are catastrophic and deadly.
- Motorcycle Accidents – Motorcycle accidents cause severe injuries and massive property damage. Injured riders and passengers must quickly take steps to hire a lawyer after a motorcycle accident for the best chances of securing compensation.
- Premises Liability– Property owners owe a duty of care to people who visit their property. If property owners fail to live up to their legal responsibilities and someone gets hurt, they could face a lawsuit. Likewise, if you are injured on the property of another you may have a legal claim to recover your damages.
- Medical Malpractice– Although most doctors are reliable, a few commit egregious mistakes, leading to medical malpractice lawsuits.
- Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect– The elderly are particularly vulnerable to abuse and neglect. Nursing homes that don’t meet a resident’s needs or abuse residents can face criminal charges, leading to fines or even jail. Additionally, these institutions can also face personal injury lawsuits.
- Oilfield Injuries – Thousands of Texans earn their living working in the state’s many oilfields. The oilfield houses extremely combustible materials and dangerous machinery. So the more serious your injuries are, the more you need a personal injury lawyer.
- Trucking Accidents– While 18-wheelers are crucial to the transport of goods, these vehicles represent a real threat to other drivers. Commercial trucking accident cases are complex and require skilled legal representation.
- Workplace Accidents– Because Texas employers are not required to subscribe to workers’ compensation, many workplace accident cases are filed here. These cases can be complex and often deal with specific federal and state safety regulations.
- Wrongful Death– Any number of accidents could cause fatal injuries. When a wrongful death occurs, family members of the victim might seek compensation from the negligent party or parties.
Common Personal Injuries Sustained On The Job
Texas is home to many amazing job opportunities in a variety of industries. Some of these industries are more dangerous to work in than others. As Houston personal injury attorneys, some of the most common workplace injuries we see are:
- Spinal cord injury
- Knee injury
- Traumatic brain injury
- Chemical burn
- Back injury
- Falling from a height
- Broken bones
- Repetitive motion injuries
Get Help From Feldman & Feldman
Both compensatory and punitive damages are available in personal injury claims. Punitive damages serve to punish the wrongdoer for their behavior and deter it from happening again. The goal of a Houston personal injury attorney in every case is to maximize the damages the client is awarded so they are fairly compensated for the harm caused by the responsible parties.
In Texas, there is a two-year statute of limitations on personal injury cases. This means that if you wait too long, you may not be able to file a lawsuit at all. Don’t wait to find out if you have a case. We offer a free consultation and will do our best to answer all the questions you may have. Our Houston personal injury lawyers are ready to get you the justice you deserve.
When you or your loved one has been the victim of an accident or wrongful death, you should never be left worrying about who will pay for bills or repairs. Your only focus should be on recovery. Tensions often run high in personal injury cases. Because of this, it is imperative that you contact a Houston personal injury attorney at Feldman & Feldman as soon as possible to discuss your case. Call us today to schedule a consultation.