Commercial insurance disputes are all too common. You purchase insurance to cover all aspects of your business, including property, liability, workers’ compensation, vehicle, and more, depending on your individual business needs. But then when you try to make a claim, you are met with resistance from your insurance provider.
Insurance companies will try to avoid paying out on valid claims and/or will attempt to pay as little as possible toward a claim in order to protect their bottom line.
You don’t have to accept this type of treatment from your insurance company. You have rights as a business owner. An experienced commercial litigation attorney can help you fight back against your insurance provider to collect your rightful payment. The Houston insurance dispute attorneys of Feldman & Feldman have years of experience representing businesses in cases against insurance companies with a high level of success.
Protecting Your Rights After a Denied Claim
When you purchase insurance, you are given a copy of your policy that outlines your coverage. Insurance policies are typically very detailed and specific for the express purpose of avoiding litigation. Even so, you may still have a case depending on the specific circumstances of the incident in question. Our experienced commercial insurance dispute attorneys will listen to your situation, review your policy, and determine the best course of action for moving forward to resolve your issues, whether through negotiations or through civil litigation.
The Step-By-Step Process of Filing an Insurance Dispute Lawsuit
- Provide a Copy of Your Insurance Policy. Our legal team will need a complete copy of your insurance policy. If you don’t have a recent copy, we can request one from your carrier.
- An Attorney Will Contact Your Insurance Company in order to determine the status of your claim. Your attorney will handle all of the communication with your insurance company from the time they are hired by you moving forward.
- Our Legal Team Will Investigate Your Claim. An investigation will take place where information is gathered to build a case against your insurance company.
- A Lawsuit is Filed. If your attorney finds evidence of bad faith behavior on the part of your insurer, they will file a lawsuit on your behalf.
- A Settlement is Reached or the Case Goes to Court. Many insurance disputes settle out of court, but if a settlement can’t be reached the case will move forward to trial before a judge or jury.
Preventing Gaps in Insurance Coverage
Ideally, it would be better to avoid insurance disputes in the first place. One way to do this is to have a business attorney review your insurance policies and recommend any additions or changes to prevent gaps in coverage. Feldman & Feldman can work with you to ensure you have purchased sufficient coverage to protect your business.
If your insurance claim has been denied, you have a right to pursue legal action. The Houston insurance dispute attorneys of Feldman & Feldman have the knowledge and experience necessary to fight for your business. You only have a limited time to dispute an insurer’s handling of your claim, so don’t wait. Contact Feldman & Feldman today to schedule a consultation.